Kubota Canada Ltd. is currently seeking a full time Parts Warehouse Supervisor to join its team in Markham, Ontario.
Shift time is 8:00am to 4:30pm, Monday to Friday.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Confer with management, lead hand and hourly staff to ensure an efficient flow of work through the distribution system including scheduling carrier and customer pickups, product receipts, managing order throughput, and planning product moves;
- Plan, organize and deploy manpower on a daily basis, balance work activities to meet operational targets;
- Ensure inbound material is received, inspected, approved and put away in a timely manner to avoid stock out situations and ensure fill rate is maintained;
- Identify and develop methods or procedures to improve efficiency and effectiveness of tasks, processes and activities;
- Participate in special projects and perform other related duties as requested to simplify work methods and reduce cycles, define the optimal lay-out based on product volume and participate in making continuous improvement proposals;
- Consistently promote improved efficiencies company-wide by expecting from each employee a combination of reduced waste, refined quality, increased productivity and excellent housekeeping skills;
- Lead a culture of safety through personal example, ensure staff adhere to safety policies, involve people to be self-responsible of the policies application;
- Develop, execute, and assess continuous improvement plan to reduce accident and injury frequency and keep up to date all safety reporting;
- Keep mobile equipment operating by enforcing operating instructions; adhere to preventive /proactive maintenance, service and supplies of equipment;
- Maintain inventory accuracy through the management of daily cycle count activities and root cause & corrective action;
- Provide leadership and direction to the warehouse team. Inspire high performance through effective goal setting and performance measurement.
- Cooperate with all peers to establish and maintain a high level of morale within the facility and throughout the company by promoting a teamwork environment;
- Coach and mentor staff, recognizing their strengths and weaknesses to help them reach their full potential. Build a strong, flexible, cross-trained and developed personnel within the organization;
- Deliver communication with the team in a confident, consistent and organized manner. Come with a positive attitude and lead the changes where necessary.
- 3 to 5 years proven supervisory production experience, material handling, warehousing, and/or manufacturing within a fast-paced environment;
- Knowledge of inventory control, warehouse operations, transportation operations, order management, performance metrics, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the accurate, efficient reporting of data to internal and external customers;
- Knowledge of arithmetic and structured problem-solving tools and their applications, using these abilities to analyze and create proactive solutions to reduce or eliminate problems in order management and shipment planning, enhancing our ability to service customers, both internal and external;
- Ability to identify complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions, involving as many resources as necessary to bring the issue to quick and accurate resolution, involving
- Operations management on an “as needed” basis. 5S certification preferred;
- Proficiency in business/freight computer systems functionality with the ability to collaborate with various couriers, central dispatching and tracking packages;
- Proven ability to coach and mentor staff, develop motivation and cross training, ensure best practices implementation and delegate authority and responsibility as appropriate;
- Team player with ability to build lasting productive business relationships with carriers, suppliers, customers, management, and peers;
- Proven proficiency in leading the Health & Safety culture into an industrial organization;
- Superior communication skills to maintain high morale and motivation and handle conflicts;
- Advanced computer knowledge required preferable experience with MS Office software (Word & Excel);
- SAP experience preferred.
Please apply for the position by email to email@example.com including a cover letter and resume by September 18, 2020.
Thank you for your interest in Kubota Canada Ltd. Only those invited for an interview will be contacted.